There comes a time in the development of every human that progress leads them to a new state of independence; they move out of the home, get married, have children of their own; they graduate, achieve, and die. Our little Sarah-Jane has today reached such a milestone. You see, today she has taken the first steps of self sufficiency by holding her own bottle!
This is no trifling matter. The progression is obvious: first, learn to get the food into your mouth. Next, learn to prepare the food. Next, learn to hunt the food! We are confident that she is well underway.
Now, as any good Student of the Way learns, you must watch and study the Way. There are bound to be frustrations along that path -- such as when the bottle slips from your mouth.
Sometimes, all faculties of bottle, hand, and eye seem to turn against you, and there is no good way to get the life-sustaining Rice Milk into your mouth! (hopefully it's good for your eyeballs, though)
But, as in any case of life, there are loved ones standing by to help you get the de-lipped food back into your mouth and, if necessary, to even give you a break at the end, tipping the last few drops into your mouth. The result? You will be that much stronger next time, prepared for the next heavy bottles and agonizing challenges that will trouble your mind, body, and soul!




Is she doing better on the rice milk? She is so cute! I can't believe she is that big already, but I guess she is getting old...what is she now? 4 or 5 months old?
ReplyDeleteI love the last picture. Her eyes are so blue!!
I haven't noticed a difference between the rice milk and formula, but then, I don't see her so much...
DeleteAlmost 5 months old now! I guess it's time for more.
I wouldn't mention that to Bethany yet. You may find yourself on the couch for the next year!!
DeleteGood thing she never reads the blog!
DeleteYou are cute! That's why we keep you. :0)
DeleteDang, took me eight months to learn how to do that. Kids these days!
ReplyDelete